Awards

Followers

Tuesday 22 January 2019

Happy New Year

...Well it really is beyond the point of wishing you all a Happy New Year. I had hoped to be posting a little earlier but a lot of things have cropped up!

So have any of you made any resolutions? I have made a few...after my Mum passing last year I have decided to just Enjoy life, Enjoy my Family & Friends and work towards becoming healthier as my health hasn't been so good of late. I am also going to try and share at least 1 project a week on my blog this year.

So as it is a brand New Year I usually hit the shops to purchase a new Diary but trying to be thifty I invested in an A5 folder and had fun turning it into a Shabby Filofax.

I have really enjoyed creating this project....as it is for myself I could be as over the top as I want to be...and I was! haha
I have kept the reverse of the project plain or it wouldn't lie flat
I have also kept the interior to a minimum so that it closes properly so I  just made a pocket for appointment cards


The project isn't quite finished as I have to decorate 8 dividers which I hope to complete over the next year and I will share with you when I have completed them. I will treasure my Diary and hopefully it will last me for many years.


It Didn't Stop There!


After completing my 2019 Diary project I got to looking at my rather sorry iPad cover and got to work on that too!

Another fun project again with a heavily decorated front but keeping the interior quite plain with just a flap pocket & lace so as not to scratch my Ipad screen.





Happy New Year Baby!

I have just one final project to share with you which was made for good friends New Year Baby her first grandchild Joshua. Instead of making a card I have made a keepsake shadow box.

I picked up the frame quite cheaply... painted & stamped the frame and added various papers, embellishments and a few Foamiran flowers.


On the reverse of the Frame I have made a pocket to contain a birth record card for the proud parents to complete and a couple of blank tags for the senders messages.

I am entering my projects into the following Challenges:

As You Like It Challenge - Favourite Pearls or Buttons.. My favourite is pearls I have always loved them since I received my first string of pearls on my 18th birthday...but my grandmother always told me that Pearls stood for tears....obviously not true as I have not had to shed too many over the years.

Thanks for visiting....please leave a message so that I can come and visit you too!

Sending Love & Hugs
xx





8 comments:

  1. Your projects are gorgeous! I can see all the love you poured into them. What a treat to reach for that beautiful binder or ipad cover and enjoy your beautiful handiwork! and that baby shadowbox will be a gift to treasure! Thanks for joining us this week for our challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your projects are stunning! I love shabby chic and the elements on your first project all work together perfectly.
    Glad you stopped by at 613 Avenue Create.
    Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your project is so beautiful.

    Diana @ Playing
    https://playingwithoutlimits.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous projects, such pretty pearl finishing touches. Perfect for us at AYLI. Sarah DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW these are absolutely stunning shabby chic projects I love love love every single one shabby chic at it's absolute best and such a beautiful new baby keepsake love the idea of the pocket at the back too
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all gorgeous projects with so much detail being put into them and lots of lovely pearls too. Thank you for sharing at As You Like It. Lynne DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the More Mixed Media challenge. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know I'm late, but I wanted to see these beautiful projects up close. What a wonderful journal cover and I-pad cover; I love the colors and all the gorgeous shabby details! And your gift to celebrate their new family member is so sweet; I love the clever additions to the reverse side, too! Wonderful start to the New Year! It's never too late to celebrate! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete