Awards

Followers

Friday 16 November 2018

Winter Woodland

Well... it has been quite some time since my last post. I have lost both my Dad & Mum over the past 10 months and have not been feeling very creative. I really struggled through the summer to fulfil the orders for the wedding season and have made a decision that for now I am only going to be crafting for fun!

So with Christmas fast approaching I have dusted away the cobwebs from the craft room and decided to throw myself into a fun Christmas project. Each year I enjoy making a decorative item for the home. I love Car Boot Sales and Auctions so I have quite a stash of old items stashed away waiting to be renovated or transformed...my partner calls it Junk! ha ha. This year I have decided to alter an old wall clock that I picked up cheaply at a local auction. 
 As you can see the clock is of no great value, I don't want folks to think I would throw paint and glitter over a valuable piece. The Clock no longer worked, and the wood is some cheap veneer.
After giving it a light sand I applied a couple of coats of Annie Sloan chalk paint. Once this was dry I stamped the exterior & interior of the case with a crackle effect stamp and cut a piece of paper to act as a background for my Woodland scene.

Next for the fun part...firstly I altered the clock face with lace, paint, glitter and die cuts, pearls...
.

and a pretty diamante snowflake...my biggest fault on these projects is knowing when to stop!
I  also altered the pendulum and set about creating a winter woodland scene...






I have used a few bottle brush trees, die cut trees for the background, moss for the woodland floor and added some die cut deer and a little resin robin...so cute! Stage 2 was just a case of  decorating the exterior. I have used numerous dies Ivy, Poinsettia, Holly, snowflakes and a chipboard Deer all of which I have hand painted and a couple of resin Robins which I made myself from a mould and painted.



After decorating the inside and outside of the case I just installed some pretty fairy lights and re assembled the case. 




I have really enjoyed making my Christmas Project for 2018 and I am now feeling al Christmassy and ready to tackle the Christmas cards!


I have entered my creation into the following Challenges



Take care All!










                                                                   

 

1 comment:

  1. great work ! It's stunning, I love all the little details ! Thank you for playing along with us at Crafteezee Challenge

    ReplyDelete