Awards

Followers

Monday 4 March 2019

To My Lovely Mum

Hello to my fellow crafters.
I just wanted to start by saying thank you for your lovely comments they are much appreciated xx

It is now officially Spring!...although the weather here in the UK has done a complete 360...we are currently in the midst of storm Freya. A great excuse to spend the day in the Craft room, not that I need much of an excuse, my partner Stuart commented this morning on how high the Ironing pile is growing...I expect I'll get around to it when we run out of things to wear..ha ha.

It is now March already and here in the UK we celebrate Mothers Day at the end of the month. Sadly as I explained in an earlier post my Mum passed away in October last year. So I am making this card to sell in my Ebay store, as the sentiment is quite broad the card could also be used for a Mum's Birthday or just to say a very special Thank you to Mum.


I have never tried this Nude/Peach/Cream colour combination before but as always I always take my lead from the main image. I have used scraps of lace & fabric. The resin bird and scroll embellishments I made myself using silicone moulds.


I painted the chipboard sentiment to co-ordinate and made some paper flowers using matching papers. I finished the card with a few pearls and used glitter paint to add a little sparkle here & there.

I have also finished the inside of the card with co-ordinating papers and a blank area for the sender to add their message. 

I am entering my card into the following challenges:

Thank you for stopping by and your lovely comments xx



11 comments:

  1. Hello, You have made a beautiful card, its absolutely stunning, so much to look at…. Thanks for entering it into the ‘Gemstones/Pearls’ challenge at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. Good luck in the draw and hope you can join us again for our next challenge.
    Diane Louise
    [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful vintage style card and I love the sentiment. So many pretty elements to this. Thanks for playing along with us this month. Lisa DT Dragonfly Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wow, wow!! This is GORGEOUS! The image is beautiful and all the lace is so pretty! Definitely perfect for a special Mother no matter the occasion! Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This so beautiful. The many embellishments you have added make it truly special. Thank you for sharing with us at International Art and Soul this time. We would love to see you again. Christine DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so gorgeous and I'm sure it's sold already. Thank you for sharing at A Gem of a Challenge. I love all your layers and the soft pallet used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning love all the lacy layers,vintage image and nuetral colours
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous! I'm sorry about your mum's passing. I know how that feels, but you have created something so lovely in her honor even if you can't give it to her. Thanks for joining us at International Art & Soul. Good luck, Maggie, DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a stunning card and sorry about your mum but what a great way to remember her and the colours you have chose are stunning. Thanks for joining in with us at the Angie's Digital Stamp Designs challenge. Thanks Cheryl DT
    You can also follow my blog at https://thecraftinghearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an absolutely exquisite card! I am so sorry to hear about your mum....sending hugs <3 Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
    Hugs... Janie
    DT
    Crafter's Castle
    crafterscastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is really beautiful. I wish I could do shabby chic but I kinda struggle with it. ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a wonderful card; I bet it was difficult to make. I would have been sobbing my eyes out. You have such a fabulous shabby style! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete