Awards

Followers

Monday 18 February 2019

I Love You Because...

Helloo fellow crafters, I'm back today to share another of my Valentines projects. 

I made this project for my partner and myself, it is an 'I Love You Because' box. I suppose like most couples nowadays we both live very fast paced lives and we both perhaps take for granted the 'Little Things' we do for each other nor do we share with each other the qualities that we love about each other. So I have created a little box where we can leave loving, caring & supportive notes for each other...very soppy I know but I openly admit to being a complete romantic!

The base of the project is a heart shaped Papier Mache box

 After I had chosen the Papers I wanted to use... on this occasion some gorgeous foiled paper from the 'Midnight Garden' collection from Prima Marketing...I then gave the box a couple of coats of contrasting acrylic paint. 
I padded the inside of the box using some leftover upholstery wadding and a remnant of a deep red crushed velvet 

 Then to the fun part....I decorated the lid of the box with Flowers, Resin Cherubs, Tulle, Lace, Die cut Leaves, Scrolls & Butterflies and finally a scattering of sequins, pearls and gems.
 Just a shot to show the lace edging around the lid.
  Finally I fixed some heart shape 'Post It' notes inside the lid along with a pen inside the box.

Had so much fun creating this project. I enjoyed playing around with foiling the leaves and scrolls. My partner loved it and I have already received a few 'Love Notes'. I wonder how many notes I would have received had I made a 'You Annoy Me Because' box...ha ha....sooo many more I think!

I am entering this project into the following Challenges:
Dragonfly Dreams Challenges - Include a Heart
Brown Sugar Challenge February - Love and/or St. Valentine Day
Crafters Castle February Challenge #14 - Anything Goes with option of Valentines Day.
Studio 75 Challenge #1/2019 - Box Filled with Love
Moo Mania & More - Love is in the Air

Thanks for stopping by have a good week! xx





8 comments:

  1. WHat an AMAZING project! I love your gorgeous heart! Stunning! LOVE in all the details! No wonder that your partner loves it! Thank you very much for joining us over at Moo Mania & More!
    Happy week!

    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, what a stunning and beautiful love creation! well done! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This heart is full of love and creativity!!!!
    Thank you so much for participating in our Brown Sugar challenge. Hope you participate in our next!!
    Kisssssssssssssssssssss
    Bettascrap DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Thank you for sharing your lovely work with us at Dragonfly Dreams.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the mixed media heart box! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Crafter's Castle this week. We hope to see you next time too!
    Blessings, Jeanie
    DT
    Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
    Crafter's Castle
    crafterscastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

  6. This is a wonderful project!
    Thank you for playing on the Studio75 blog - Edyta DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, your heart box is stunning; love all the embellishments! Thank you for joining the Dare 2B Artzy February Challenge! -Tasha ☺

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent project! Love all the details :) Thank you for entering our challenge at Brown Sugar and good luck! Alina DT

    ReplyDelete