Awards

Followers

Sunday 10 March 2019

Home Sweet Home

Hi to my blogging friends. I hope you have all had a good week and you are now enjoying a relaxing Sunday. 

I have not had much time for crafting this week because I decided to try and re-organise my craft room...honestly I wish I had never started! I keep telling myself it will  all be worth it in the end. It is so surprising just how much stuff I own but I can't bare to part with anything...I think the term is 'Hoarder'! ha ha

I have not quite finished but have managed to clear a small space to create a new project. I found this House shaped box and decided to create a Home Sweet Home project. It could be for someone who has just moved to a new home or just as a decorative item for the home.

I found this sweet image of a pair 'Black Warblers' not that I am hot on ornithology...it is noted at the base of the image lol. I just love the soft colouring and how the pair are looking at each other adoringly. 
I started the project by giving the frame a couple of coats of pale pink paint, followed by a thick coat of white chalk paint which I then sanded back here to give an aged look. Next I cut the image to size and fixed into the frame.
Next I used some White craft wire which I aged here and there with rust paste. I cut the wire to size and attached to the front of the frame using staples....I used an upholstery staple gun not a regular paper stapler. 
I then hid the wire edges and staples with ribbon & lace and decorated the back of the frame with a matching paper. I'm not sure what the customer will want to do with the frame, it is freestanding but if the customer wants it for a wall hanging then I can easily attach a hanging ring and gift label to the back.
 I finished the project off using more lace, leaf die cuts, handmade Foamiran flowers, feathers, a tiny birds nest and eggs and a raffia bow.

I am entering my project into the following Challenges:
Watercooler Wednesday Challenge #211 - Kath's Feminine 'Anything Goes'
Southern Girls Challenge - Flora and Fauna with team Lou
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge #420 - Anything Goes
Catch The Bug Challenge - Make a Scene!
Cute Card Thursday #572 - Anything Goes
Creative Friday #225 - Everything that Flies!

Thanks for visiting and your lovely comments xx




10 comments:

  1. Suzi, a fabulous creation. The detail you have created with the feathers, wire, lace and nest is outstanding. Thanks for joining us at the WatercoolerWednesday Challenge this week. Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW absolutely amazing creation love the image and fabulous embellishments and design-love the little nest.I started a decluttering of craft stash got a pile to give away and keep taking something back!!!
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzi, this is a wonderful project! So much detail and work went into it. Please note that in order to be eligible to be chosen for our weekly highlight, your project can be entered in no more than 8 challenges (including our own). Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great 3D piece!Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Craft room reorganization is quite a fun undertaking. We find long lost treasures every time. I love your little house, so much detail on it. Very beautiful.
    Thank you for joining the Crafting With An Attitude challenge.
    Monica C. DT CWAA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is stunning! What a great entry for our Flora and Fauna challenge at Southern Girls. Thanks for playing along with us this time, come back for our next challenge which is starting very soon. Hugs, Wends xoxo SGC DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. so lovely! Thanks for joining us at creative friday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WoW ! That is so pretty. They will love it :-)
    I wish you would come and re-organize my craft room :-( xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my gosh! This is breath taking!

    ReplyDelete