Awards

Followers

Friday 22 February 2019

For a Special Aunt...

Hello to my fellow crafters. I hope you have all enjoyed a fabulous day. The weather here in the UK is wonderful at the moment and it feels like spring has come early this year, daffodils are already in full bloom.

I have another project to share with you today....not another 'Valentines' project you'll be pleased to hear!

Today is my Aunties birthday and she is the grand old age of 89! My Aunt is very special to me and my family she is my Mums only living sibling. As a child I lived very close to my Aunt and I was always around at her house playing with my cousins or vice versa. Sadly my Aunt was widowed at a young age and as my Mum was a divorcee they became very close and did everything together. They managed to get themselves into mischief and always had hilarious tales to tell me. As I got older, moved away and got married my Aunt was always with me & my family for special occasions and outings. My aunt now suffers from dementia but is always chatty and cheerful.

My Aunts favourite colour is Blue and her favourite flowers are forget-me-nots.

I love to make gifts or cards that what I call 'Keepsakes'. I have a few original Victorian Glass domes around my home that I use for displaying various seasonal arrangements for Christmas, Easter etc. So when I saw these Perspex mini domes at my local craft store for under £5 I thought they would be ideal as gifts. 

To make the scene I started by painting the base green, adding oasis foam and covering with dried moss. I built up the scene with bleached twigs and dried Gypsophilia. I then added various embellishments...die cut Butterflies & foliage, a resin Bird and various floral picks.

I also added some tiny birds eggs nestled in the moss. To decorate the Perspex dome I firstly fussy cut a contrasting border from some paper and stuck it to the inner base of the dome. I then stuck the dome over the base and hid the join with some ruffled ribbon and a pearly leaf trim.


For the top of the dome I added some striped ribbon, die cut Ivy and stuck it all into place with a resin rose.

I have just returned from spending the day with my Aunt and she was very pleased with her gift.

I am entering my project into the following Challenges:
As You Like it Challenge - Favourite Birthday or Christmas (& Why)  
I love any excuse for crafting but I prefer to make Birthday Cards or gifts the most as they are more personalised and it is so nice to show love & best wishes to someone on their special day. 
Moving Along with the Times Challenge - A Little Bit Shabby Chic
Seize the Birthday Challenge #159 - Anything Goes 
Crafting With an Attitude #48 - Always Anything Goes
The Happy Craft Challenge - February Craft Challenge Always Anything Goes
The Paper Shelter Challenge - Things That Fly

Thankyou for visiting and for your lovely comments xx


7 comments:

  1. Wow this is a stunning idea you have done an amazing job, thank you for entering the Happy Craft Challenge. Megan https://thehappycraftchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, is not enough, it is perfect Suzanne and what a wonderful gift for your aunt. Thanks for joining in on the Anything goes Challenge at the Happy Craft Challenge Community

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Such a stunning piece! I am sure your aunt would be pleased! But sorry that you haven't really followed all the rules of the Seize the Birthday challenge. Please refer to them at the bottom of the page and join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, love it, so gorgeous and unique, thanks for joining us at MAWTT. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi this is a stunning project. Thank you for joining us at Moving Along with the Times Challenge Blog The theme is A Little Shabby Chic. Hugs Jackie DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, this is amazing! I'm sure it will be cherished by your Auntie. Thanks for playing along with us at As You Like It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thud! I have just enjoyed my visit with you today, and this project has my jaw on the floor! By the way, you may want to check out Scrapy Land and A Vintage Journey challenges. Your work would be perfect at both of these challenge blogs.

    ReplyDelete